No trace of abducted Chhattisgarh trader yetMarch 20th, 2009 - 11:26 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, March 20 (IANS) The state police are yet to find trader Sunil Waswani, who was abducted Thursday by unidentified persons near Chhattisgarh Chief Minister’s official residence, despite stepping up search operations.
Police suspect that the trader was abducted purely for ransom purposes but Waswani’s family has not received any ransom call by Friday evening. The police are, however, surprised how the abuctors managed to take away Waswani from a high security area.
“The abductors have challenged the police by taking away the youth from a high security area. All the police stations have been alerted and checking has been intensified across Raipur district though we believe that kidnappers will soon contact the family for ransom,” Amit Kumar, Raipur district superintendent of police, told reporters.
- Meghalaya launches operation to rescue abducted exporter's son - Aug 31, 2012
- No breakthrough in Bihar NIT student's abduction yet - Jul 03, 2012
- Four held for abducting Class 1 boy - Apr 29, 2011
- Another businessman abducted in Bihar - Dec 30, 2010
- Abductors demand Rs.20 lakh to release Bihar student - Jun 30, 2012
- Abducted student released after 15 days - Jul 08, 2012
- Chhattisgarh family arrested for abducting trader - Mar 22, 2009
- Boy abducted in broad daylight - Apr 21, 2011
- Maoists abduct five Chhattisgarh cops - Jan 25, 2011
- Chhattisgarh legislators advised to be alert while on tour - Mar 26, 2012
- Police rescue kidnapped father of PM's security officer - Feb 11, 2011
- Maoists raise fresh demands, Italians untraced (Night Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Three Hindu traders abducted in Pakistan - Jul 14, 2012
- Maoists abduct two villagers - Jan 10, 2012
- Body of abducted engineer recovered - May 03, 2012