No touring with Ramdev, Hazare denies riftApril 23rd, 2012 - 1:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 23 (IANS) Denying a rift in his team, social activist Anna Hazare Monday said he will not tour with yoga guru Baba Ramdev but share the stage wherever needed in the course of their nationwide campaign against graft.
The comment comes after reports of a rift within team Anna as the 74-year-old announced his alliance with Ramdev for a nationwide campaign where the two will be leading individual movements for a strong Lokpal and against black money respectively.
“I have told you before that we (me and Ramdev) are not touring together, but we are fighting for the same purpose of getting black money and the Lokpal and Lokayukta bills. We shall stand together and share the same stage wherever needed,” Hazare told reporters at the Delhi airport before heading back to his village Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra.
“After the Maharashtra trip, when we go together, it is possible that we share the stage,” the septuagenarian added.
Hazare will start his countrywide tour by the end of June.
Hazare was here for the core committee meeting in suburban Noida Sunday. A major rift emerged at the meeting with member Mufti Shamoon Qasmi being asked to stay away from the proceedings after he was reportedly found recording discussions on his mobile phone and transmitting it outside.
- Rift in Team Anna, as Hazare plans nationwide campaign (Lead) - Apr 22, 2012
- Will launch countrywide tour for Jan Lokpal: Anna - Mar 13, 2012
- Team Anna member asked to leave meet after found recording - Apr 22, 2012
- Team Anna not to campaign for or against any party - Jan 10, 2012
- No further talks with government on Lokpal: Hazare (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Anna set for fast, politicians hit back (Evening Lead) - Dec 26, 2011
- Hazare might be admitted to Pune hospital: Associate - Dec 31, 2011
- Anna Hazare may make it to 'Time' cover soon - Nov 26, 2011
- Hazare returns to village after treatment - Feb 18, 2012
- Hazare to support Ramdev's Aug 9 protest - Jul 17, 2012
- Rift mars Ramdev-Anna show, PM targeted over graft inaction (Intro Roundup) - Jun 03, 2012
- Bhushan's Kashmir statement under Anna scanner (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2011
- Anna supports Ramdev, warns government - Jun 02, 2011
- Hazare condemns ink attack on Baba Ramdev - Jan 14, 2012
- Anna unwell, core committee meeting postponed (Lead, Changing dateline) - Dec 31, 2011