No survivors found in Sukhoi crash (Lead)May 10th, 2012 - 7:07 pm ICT by IANS
Jakarta, May 10 (IANS) Rescuers who Thursday morning spotted on a mountain slope in Indonesia the wreckage of a Sukhoi super-jet 100 that went missing a day earlier with around 50 people on board said there was no sign of any survivor, an official said.
Though some bodies were found, the exact number was not disclosed, Xinhua reported.
The bodies would be taken out Friday and a search launched for the black box, said Gagah Prakoso, spokesman of the Search and Rescue Agency, at the Halim Perdana Kusuma Air Force base.
“The evacuation is planned tomorrow (Friday),” he said.
The plane was seen by rescuers from air on the slope of Mount Salak in west Java, Prakoso said earlier.
The Russian Sukhoi Superjet-100, on a demonstration flight over Indonesia, went missing Wednesday.
Indonesian transport ministry spokesman Bambang Ervan had said the plane took off from Indonesian air base Halim Perdana Kusuma in East Jakarta.
It lost contact at 2.25 p.m. while trying to descend from 10,000 feet to 6,000 feet near a small airport in Bogor.
The SSJ-100 carried out two demonstration flights in the Indonesian capital.
It arrived in Jakarta as part of a demonstration tour of six Asian countries. It has been to Myanmar, Pakistan and Kazakhstan and was due to visit Laos and Vietnam.
The Superjet 100 is a medium-haul passenger aircraft developed by Sukhoi in cooperation with US and European aviation corporations, including Boeing, Snecma, Thales, Messier Dowty, Liebherr Aerospace and Honeywell.
- Missing aircraft found in Indonesia - May 10, 2012
- No survivors in Sukhoi crash, Russia opens criminal case (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Russian plane with 44 missing in Indonesia (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Pakistan may buy new Sukhoi superjets - May 09, 2012
- Russian plane goes missing in Indonesia - May 09, 2012
- Sukhoi Superjet 100 completes static tests programme - Sep 15, 2010
- Sukhoi, Indonesian airline sign $951 mn deal for 30 Superjet-100s - Jul 19, 2010
- Flight recorders found in crashed Sukhoi - May 14, 2012
- Sukhoi Superjet conducts first passenger flight - Apr 21, 2011
- Russian plane carrying 44 people goes missing near Jakarta - May 09, 2012
- Indonesia takes charge of Sukhoi crash probe - May 16, 2012
- Russian stewardess fired for tweet on Sukhoi crash - May 11, 2012
- Sukhoi superjet engines have flaws: Report - Jul 06, 2010
- Crashed Sukhoi was replacement aircraft - May 16, 2012
- 12 bodies brought out of crashed Sukhoi - May 11, 2012
Tags: demonstration flight, demonstration flights, demonstration tour, east jakarta, exact number, halim, indonesian air, indonesian capital, jet 100, liebherr aerospace, medium haul, messier dowty, ministry spokesman, mount salak, mountain slope, passenger aircraft, snecma, sukhoi superjet 100, transport ministry, west java