No space in Mumbai to shoot Shahid-Priyanka qawwali!December 7th, 2011 - 2:54 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 7 (IANS) Director Kunal Kohli needed ample space to put up a set for the next schedule of his film, but he couldn’t find it here so had to scurry to Madh Island to build his set.
“I needed to create pre-partition Punjab in 1910 and couldn’t shoot in actual Punjab because the topography has changed completely. So we decided to put up a vast set. But none of the studios in Mumbai had space! So my art director Munish Sappal, who is a Punjab expert after ‘Pinjar’ and ‘Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi’, finally built it on Madh Island,” said Kohli, who had earlier directed “Hum Tum” and “Fanaa”.
On the set, choreographer Chinni Prakash is set to shoot a qawwali where Shahid Kapoor and Priyanaka Chopra will battle it out over that thing called love.
“The qawwali, written by Prasoon Joshi and composed by Sajid-Wajid, is a hell-raiser. Both Shahid and Priyanka, though thorough professionals, are apparently bracing themselves for doing an ‘Aashiqana qawwali’ in full public view, replete with references to boys with roving eyes and girls making eyes….”
In the film, Shahid plays a Muslim boy, while Priyanka essays a Sikh girl.
Shahid-Priyanka had rocked the box office with their superb chemistry in the 2009 hit “Kaminey”.
- Shahid shoots ad with Priyanka - Nov 21, 2011
- Why did Ahmed Khan choose Ranbir over Shahid? - Apr 08, 2012
- 'Teri Meri Kahaani': Uninteresting story, flat jokes (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Jun 23, 2012
- Bipasha hooked on to 'Tum Ho' song (Movie Snippets) - Nov 21, 2011
- Priyanka plays happy actress in Kunal Kohli's film - Dec 31, 2011
- Cinema needs to wean society from prejudices: Kunal Kohli - May 26, 2012
- Doing 'shayari' made me nervous: Shahid Kapoor - Apr 06, 2012
- Aurangabad crowd goes berserk over Priyanka, Shahid (With Images) - Jan 10, 2012
- Kohli hooked on to love stories, prefers creating romantic sagas - May 27, 2012
- Watch love, crime sagas this weekend (IANS Preview) - Jun 19, 2012
- Saif an incredible actor: Priyanka Chopra - Mar 23, 2012
- 'Mukhtasar' was originally for my album: Wajid - May 21, 2012
- Kunal Kohli apes late Vijay Anand's style in 'Uff' - Jun 06, 2012
- Prasoon Joshi's 'Uff' tribute to Shammi Kapoor - May 27, 2012
- 'Teri Meri Kahaani' beautifully captures three eras (IANS Music Review) - Jun 01, 2012
Tags: ample space, art director, bana, choreographer, hell raiser, hum tum, mumbai, munish, muslim boy, partition, pinjar, prakash, prasoon joshi, punjab, qawwali, rab, roving eyes, shahid kapoor, topography, wajid