No sequel to ‘The Dark Knight’?January 11th, 2009 - 10:42 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 11 (IANS) Charles Roven, the producer of box office smash “The Dark Knight”, has revealed that he is uncertain about plans for a sequel to the film.The Warner Bros. release is close to passing the $1-billion mark at the box office and with the comic book movie also earning numerous awards nominations, anticipation is high for another instalment.
However, Roven explained that he is not aware if director Christopher Nolan is currently ready to make a new “Batman” film, reports contactmusic.com.
“I know that Chris and David Goyer (writer of the film) are talking and thinking. We are hoping, of course, that they find and rest on something that they find is worthy of doing, but we don’t know anything more right now,” Rovens said.
“All I can say is that I see no reason why, Chris would do anything different than he’s done in the first two films,” he added.
- Batman 3 movie title revealed - Oct 28, 2010
- Christopher Nolan condemns theatre shooting - Jul 21, 2012
- Zack Snyder Directing New Superman Flick - Oct 05, 2010
- Sequel of 'The Dark Night' to Hit Screens in 2012 - May 03, 2010
- Plans to reinvent Batman after 'Dark Knight Rises' revealed - Mar 31, 2011
- Nolan to helm new 'Blade Runner' film - Mar 04, 2011
- 'Dark Knight Rises' Make Batman Fans Expectant - Jan 20, 2011
- 'Dark Knight Rises' prologue releaesed - Dec 10, 2011
- Batman 3 script under way, says Christopher Nolan - Jun 29, 2010
- No new Urdu, Punjabi films, Pakistanis flock to watch Batman - Aug 20, 2012
- Keaton Praises Nolan - Jul 19, 2010
- Nolan always 'prioritises' his characters: Gordon-Levitt - Mar 22, 2011
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' Not The Last Batman Movie For Christian Bale? - Jan 23, 2011
- 'The Dark Knight' sequel to hit screens in 2012 - May 02, 2010
- Anne Hathaway to play Catwoman in 'Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011