No secret deal with Maoists: Raman SinghMay 4th, 2012 - 12:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 4 (IANS) Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh Friday said no secret agreements had been made with Maoists in exchange for the release of Sukma District Collector Alex Paul Menon.
“The agreement with the Maoists is not a secret document and has been put in the public domain on the website,” Raman Singh told reporters here. He was reacting to reports of Maoists claiming that the Chhattisgarh government had agreed to release some prisoners from jail.
Menon, who reached his home Friday morning, was released Thursday, 13 days after he had been kidnapped by Maoists.
“A committee headed by state chief secretary has started its work and it will look into cases registered against innocent people across state jails,” he said.
He denied having agreed to any other agreement with Maoists. “Nothing else has been agreed to,” he added.
- Raman Singh denies any secret deal with Maoists (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- Menon returns home, Chhattisgarh denies deal with Maoists (Second Lead) - May 04, 2012
- Menon returns home to Sukma - May 04, 2012
- Abducted Chhattisgarh collector may walk free Wednesday - May 01, 2012
- Maoists free Menon, says ready to serve in Sukma again (Second Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Abducted Chhattisgarh collector may be freed Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Menon freed, says willing to serve in Sukma again (Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Maoists' mediators sum up talks as rebels hike demands (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Sukma collector may be released soon (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Mediators sum up talks as rebels hike demands, justify abduction (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Chhattisgarh for major offensive against Maoists - May 15, 2012
- Raman Singh speaks to freed collector on phone - May 03, 2012
- Maoists finally free a fatigued Menon (Roundup) - May 03, 2012
- Abducted collector: Maoists' mediators fly to Bastar - Apr 28, 2012
- Maoists abduct Chhattisgarh collector, kill two guards (Fourth Lead, With Image) - Apr 21, 2012