‘No requests for long term visas from Pakistani Hindus’August 17th, 2012 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 17 (IANS) There have been no requests for long-term visas so far from any of the Hindu families who have crossed over from Pakistan and in case any of them apply for such a visa India would follow the due process, an official said Friday.
Syed Akbaruddin, ministry of external affairs spokesperson, answering a question at a media briefing here said: “At this stage, my information is that there have not been any requests from those who have recently been granted visas in Pakistan and who have crossed here.”
He said that the around 250-odd Hindus from Pakistan who had crossed over had come recently and “there is still time for their present visa status which is usually for about a month or so”.
The official explained that when Pakistani nationals apply for visas in Islamabad, they apply in categories that are covered by the India-Pakistan Bilateral Visa Agreement. “That agreement provides for categories which are of a short-term nature. Therefore, when they apply and they are considered and we do due diligence and due processes are followed.”
The spokesperson said that in case somebody wants a visa which is beyond the period for which he or she has applied, the due process would be followed.
Over 250 Hindus belonging to Balochistan and Sindh provinces, have crossed over to India since Aug 10 amid fears following the kidnapping of a Hindu girl in Sindh province.
- Visas to Pakistani Hindus: India rejects conspiracy - Aug 11, 2012
- India willing to grant Pakistani Hindus long-term visa - Aug 16, 2012
- Pakistani Hindus enter India, say will return (Second Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Tight-lipped Pakistani Hindus enter India, say will return (Fourth Lead, correcting figure) - Aug 10, 2012
- Tight-lipped Pakistani Hindus enter India, say will return (Third Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 10, 2012
- Zardari forms panel to talk to Hindus - Aug 11, 2012
- More Pakistani Hindus arrive in India, say they won't return - Aug 13, 2012
- Amid concern in India, Zardari forms panel to talk to Hindus (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- India, Pakistan MPs moot new CBMs; discuss Assam, SMSs (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Harassed Hindus flee Pakistan (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Insecurity increasing among Hindus, says Pakistani daily - Aug 11, 2012
- Growing insecurity among Hindus in Pakistan, says daily - Aug 11, 2012
- Harassed Hindus flee Pakistan - Aug 10, 2012
- Pakistan rights groups to rally against Hindu killings - Nov 10, 2011
- New visa regime to top India-Pakistan talks - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: balochistan, due diligence, due process, fears, hindu families, india pakistan, islamabad, ministry of external affairs, New Delhi, pakistani hindus, pakistani nationals, sindh, spokesperson, term nature, term visas, visa india, visa status