No reprocessing activities at nuclear centres: IranJune 1st, 2008 - 6:21 pm ICT by admin
Tehran, June 1 (IANS) Iran Sunday said there are no reprocessing activities for weapons grade uranium at its nuclear centres and that its enrichment facilities are under full supervision of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA),IRNA reported. The report of the UN nuclear watchdog confirmed that there was no deviation from the civilian nature of Iran’s nuclear programme, foreign ministry spokesman Mohammad-Ali Hosseini told reporters during the weekly press briefing.
“The IAEA has reiterated that all nuclear substances existing at the enrichment fuel centre along with the installed waterfalls are being monitored by the agency,” Hosseini said, adding there is no discrepancy between the country’s declared nuclear objectives and its activities.
“The report also said that all the agency’s findings are in full conformity with Iran’s declared nuclear activities at the enrichment centres at the Natanz facility,” he said.
Hosseini added that the report has also confirmed that the Islamic republic has had no reprocessing activities at its nuclear installations.
The report has also confirmed that all activities at Arak installations are under its direct supervision, he said.
“All Iran’s fuel consignments received for Bushehr nuclear power plant have been supervised by the agency,” he added.
The agency has fully supervised all issues even the injections and stressed that there is no concern for the agency over the enrichment activities, Hosseini further told reporters.
- Iran unveils latest nuclear achievements (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Tests conducted on Iran's n-plant turbines - Aug 24, 2011
- Iran enriches 100 kg of Uranium to 20 percent (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Iran starts enriching uranium to 20 percent - Jan 10, 2012
- Iran's nuclear programme halted temporarily - Nov 24, 2010
- Iran is enriching uranium at secret site, says UN - Feb 25, 2012
- Dissident group accuses Iran of secretly constructing underground nuke site - Sep 10, 2010
- Iran uses new machines to enrich uranium: IAEA - Aug 10, 2010
- IAEA to meet Iran over access to n-site - Jun 04, 2012
- 'Iran building secret underground nuclear plant' - Sep 10, 2010
- IAEA wants Iran to comply without delay on n-issue - Sep 14, 2012
- US condemns Iran's decision to start uranium enrichment - Jan 11, 2012
- Iran succeeds in enriching uranium 20 percent: Ahmadinejad (Lead) - Feb 12, 2010
- Iran has fuel for two nuke weapons: IAEA report - Jun 01, 2010
- IAEA demands access to Iranian military site - Sep 10, 2012