No police complaint filed after Gurgaon boy’s deathJuly 6th, 2012 - 11:52 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, July 6 (IANS) Police have not filed any first information report (FIR) on the death of a six-year-old boy who fell into a drain of industrial waste and storm water in Manesar Thursday, a police officer said Friday.
Sumit died after he slipped into the roadside drain, managed by Haryana State Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (HSIIDC), in Sector 7 of Industrial Model Township (IMT) Manesar.
The police meanwhile have completed the formalities under section 174 of the Criminal Procedure Code.
“It means, according to the police, that Sumit was responsible for his own death,” said former secretary general of Gurgaon Bar Council Madan Chauhan.
He said the police were shielding HSIIDC officials and others concerned.
“It is not an open drain throughout the way. The roadside drain was covered by the long cemented blocks. Commuters were using the way as a footpath. A two-feet wide strip was missing from the it and the child returning home with parents after shopping could not see the death trap,” said an eyewitness, who did not want to be named.
A person, who claimed to be a relative of the boy, said the police forced them to sign some papers Friday after the post-mortem.
However, a police officer said Sumit’s parents had told then in writing not to take action against anyone.
The family have taken the body to Delhi for cremation.
- Child falls in Gurgaon drain, dies (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Mahi is dead; end came on first or second day, doctors say (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Ethiopia seeks Haryana's help on industrial township - Feb 02, 2011
- Haryana clears 28 projects worth Rs.2,500 crore - Mar 21, 2011
- Medical factory gutted in Gurgaon - May 27, 2012
- Two killed in workshop collapse in Gurgaon - Jan 22, 2012
- Haryana extends amnesty scheme for industry - Sep 05, 2011
- Honda strike anniversary: Curbs on protests in Manesar - Jul 24, 2012
- Haryana allots land to 25 projects worth Rs.3,500 crore - Jun 27, 2010
- Haryana to recruit 11,000 constables - Sep 10, 2012
- After 86 long hours, Mahi is dead (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Four-year-old falls in borewell in Haryana - Jun 21, 2012
- Haryana to invest over Rs.1,200 crore in industrial land - Mar 14, 2010
- Haryana to reserve 10 percent industrial plots for NRIs - Jan 10, 2011
- Manesar industries get relief from court over land price - Apr 16, 2010
Tags: commuters, cremation, death trap, footpath, formalities, hsiidc, imt manesar, industrial infrastructure, industrial model, information report, infrastructure development, madan, model township, open drain, police complaint, post mortem, returning home, sector 7, storm water, sumit