No police action a year after murder, court shockedNovember 5th, 2008 - 10:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 5 (IANS) Delhi High Court Wednesday pulled up the police for delay in registering the first information report (FIR) in a year-old case of murder.“It is most shocking that the police have not registered the FIR for such a heinous crime,” said Justice Kailash Gambhir.
He was hearing a petition by a woman, Radha, alleging that police had not registered any case after her brother was murdered in Rohini on the intervening night of Aug 5 and 6, 2007.
The court directed the joint commissioners of the local police and the Crime Branch to file within one week an affidavit explaining the delay in lodging the FIR.
The court fixed Nov 18 as the date for further hearing of the matter.
- Why no FIR in murder case, court asks Delhi Police chief - Nov 19, 2008
- Probe assault on advocate in police station: Court (Lead) - Oct 19, 2011
- Contempt case filed against CBI in Jharkhand - Oct 29, 2010
- Kashmir civilian death: National Conference activist records statement - Nov 01, 2011
- Police told to file report in Nirmal Baba case - Aug 10, 2012
- Two constables arrested after prisoners escape - Nov 26, 2011
- Court directs government to re-admit failed student - Jul 26, 2011
- Supreme Court issues notice to Jayalalithaa in graft case (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar files plea against closing Aarushi murder case - Jan 03, 2011
- Jethmalani's defence of Rajiv killers not party line: BJP - Aug 29, 2011
- Court sets aside divorce granted to man - Apr 11, 2011
- Court quashes case against two army officers - Jun 13, 2012
- Gujarat top cop Sanjiv Bhatt arrested - Sep 30, 2011
- Supreme Court notice to Gujarat on Bhatt's plea - Nov 11, 2011
- Plea in SC seeks review of quashing of case against Mayawati - Aug 04, 2012