No points for Force India, Karthikeyan 21st at Turkish GPMay 8th, 2011 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
Istanbul, May 8 (IANS) Force India failed to finish amongst the points for the second time in a row while Hispania’s Narain Karthikeyan completed the race ahead of his teammate Vitanotnio Liuzzi at 21st position in the Formula One (F1) Turkish Grand Prix here Sunday.
Red Bull recorded their maiden one-two of the season as Sebastian Vettel raced to his third victory, a comfortable 8.8 secs ahead of his teammate Mark Webber. Fernando Alonso came third for Ferrari’s first podium finish this season.
Force India was looking for points after a decent qualifying Saturday when its drivers Adrian Sutil and Paul di Resta were the 12th and 13th fastest on the challenging Istanbul Park circuit. But things did not go according to plan. Di Resta’s race ended on th 44th lap, right after his fourth pit stop, while Sutil crossed the chequered flag with a lap down at 13th position. The Vijay Mallya owned outfit is at eighth place in the constructor’s championship with four points from four races.
Hispania were once again the slowest on the grid but both Karthikeyan and Liuzzi managed to complete the 58-lap race. It was Karthiyean’s best result in four races as he finished three laps down, ahead of his teammate, who was 22nd. Liuzzi and Karthikeyan started the race at 20th and 22nd positions but a long pit stop by the Italian pushed him behind his teammate.
- Vettel races to another victory, Sutil finishes 9th at European GP - Jun 26, 2011
- Force India disappoint, Vettel wins Spanish Grand Prix - May 22, 2011
- Italian GP: Di Resta's 8th place puts Force India ahead of Sauber - Sep 11, 2011
- Vettel wins maiden Monaco Grand Prix, Force India seventh - May 30, 2011
- Karthikeyan completes race for first time, no points for Force India - Apr 17, 2011
- Di Resta fetches a point for Force India - Apr 10, 2011
- Webber claims pole, Di Resta 6th fastest at British GP - Jul 09, 2011
- Force India bags maiden Q3 position at Chinese Grand Prix - Apr 16, 2011
- Force India's Sutil 8th fastest in opening practice at Monaco GP - May 26, 2011
- Vettel claims another pole, Sutil sneaks into 10th at European GP - Jun 25, 2011
- Sutil, di Resta 14th and 15th fastest in Monaco qualifying - May 28, 2011
- Vettel wins a near perfect race, Sutil finishes ninth (Roundup) - Oct 30, 2011
- Vettel wins Bahrain GP, Force India's Di Resta finishes sixth - Apr 23, 2012
- Force India's Hulkenberg finishes fourth in Belgium - Sep 02, 2012
- Formula One: Force India fail to score a point - Jul 29, 2012
Tags: adrian sutil, chequered flag, constructor, eighth place, fernando alonso, force india, formula one, four points, four races, hispania, lap race, liuzzi, mark webber, narain karthikeyan, pit stop, red bull, resta, sebastian vettel, teammate, vijay mallya