No parole for Haryana prisoners in first 5 yearsJune 29th, 2012 - 6:08 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 29 (IANS) Hard core criminals lodged in Haryana jails would not be able to avail parole for the first five years of their sentence, a senior police officer said here Friday.
A proposal to amend existing rules to include the new condition has been forwarded to the state government, Director General of Police (DGP) Ranjiv Dalal said.
He said that it had been observed many times that prisoners who go out on parole commit crimes and then escape from the law.
“Therefore, there was a plan drawn up to amend the Haryana Prisoners Good Conduct Act to check such incidents. The issue has already been discussed with the state home secretary,” Dalal said.
He said it had also been observed that in cases of death in a family, a prisoner would get parole, leave prison, and later escape.
“Therefore, such rules would also be amended. A police team would accompany the prisoners when they go out of prison, so as to ensure their return,” he added.
- Probe into abuse by Haryana cops in women's shelter (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Punjab, Haryana on alert ahead of Ayodhya verdict - Sep 29, 2010
- Haryana to post police battalion in Manesar - Aug 01, 2012
- Haryana police to make highway crime-free - Aug 21, 2010
- Jat agitators block roads, tracks again in Haryana - Mar 09, 2012
- Haryana to recruit 11,000 constables - Sep 10, 2012
- Shelter home exploitation: cop held for destroying evidence - Jul 06, 2012
- Jats likely to intensify stir in Haryana - Mar 10, 2012
- Floods wash away Ambala-Hisar highway - Jul 09, 2010
- Protestor dies, Jats could intensify stir - Mar 24, 2011
- Haryana Police advises slow driving during fog - Dec 28, 2010
- Haryana: Widow molestation case victim goes missing - Jun 11, 2010
- Seven prisoners escape from Haryana court complex - Jan 20, 2011
- Life affected as Jats continue blockades in Haryana (Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- Rathore applies for parole again - Sep 19, 2010