No heavy-duty work for King Khan for a few monthsFebruary 17th, 2009 - 1:58 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 17 (IANS) No heavy-duty action scenes for Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan for the next six months, say doctors who successfully operated upon him for a nagging pain in the left shoulder.
“Shah Rukh’s surgery went off fine and he should be back home in two days. However, he will require some good rest for a long period and he has been advised not to do any strenuous work,” said Sanjay Desai, orthopaedic surgeon at Breach Candy Hospital here.
So, in effect Shah Rukh will be on a forced break for six weeks to fully recuperate. However, he will host the Filmfare awards on March 7, which were scheduled for Feb 28 earlier. The organisers postponed the date for Shah Rukh’s sake.
He can take up heavy-duty action scenes only after six months.
“It’s a normal precaution that one has to take. The surgery was long pending and it is good that he finally took out time for it. Keeping in mind that he would only become busier in months to come, it made sense that he got himself operated before it was too late,” Desai said.
King Khan underwent an arthroscopic surgery for a nagging pain in his left shoulder Monday. His family, friends and fans heaved a sigh of relief when it was announced that the surgery, which lasted 45 minutes, had been successful. A team of three doctors performed the surgery.
The last few months have been especially tiring for Shah Rukh as he was working non-stop on the promotion of “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi”, shooting for “My Name Is Khan” and then promoting “Billu”. In fact, he went on an overdrive for the promotion of “Billu” and was attending as many as eight events a day. He had injured his shoulder a long time ago, but the pain aggravated in December last year.
Farah Khan, who was by his side in the hospital till late Monday evening, told IANS: “He went to sleep after the surgery. He was in too much of pain.”
Mushtaq Sheikh, Shah Rukh’s close friend and also the writer of just released “Billu”, is also relieved.
“The surgery was successful. Allah has been kind. We are now waiting for his complete recovery,” he said.
Being the professional that he is, Shah Rukh made sure his producers would not suffer because of his surgery and forced break.
Currently, Shah Rukh has only two films on the floors - Karan Johar’s “My Name Is Khan” and Viveck Vaswani’s “Dulha Mil Gaya”.
While he has already finished shooting for an extensive part of “My Name Is Khan”, in “Dulha Mil Gaya” he has an extended guest appearance for which only a qawwali featuring him with Sushmita Sen remains to be shot.
“He will be back in a big way, just wait and watch,” said Vishal Dadlani (of Vishal-Shekhar duo). “He has earned the goodwill of people, and one thing which is real in this world is that if people wish you well, you will get up sooner than you could ever imagine.”
“Anyone who has ever worked with Shah Rukh will vouch for the fact that he is incomparable,” Vishal said in an emotional tone. “He gives every individual respect and a lot of space as well. He is a phenomenal producer and a much-loved star of billions of people across the globe. He has everyone’s good wishes.”