No fuel for vehicles without number plates in JharkhandDecember 10th, 2008 - 1:45 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Dec 10 (IANS) Petroleum dealers here have been asked not to fill up tanks of vehicles that do not have number plates so as “to maintain traffic rules and law and order”, an official said here Wednesday.The Ranchi administration’s directive will apply from Wednesday on all the petrol pumps operating here.
“The directive has been issued to ensure to maintain the traffic rules and law and order in the district,” Rajiv Arun Ekka, deputy commissioner of Ranchi told reporters.
The traffic constables have complained that scores of vehicles move in the state capital without number plates and often break the traffic rules.
According to the police, criminals and Maoists also use vehicles without number plates.
The district administration has also banned filling petrol and diesel in canisters.
The move has been welcomed by the residents of the capital, but the Petroleum Dealers Association has expressed unhappiness over it.
“We should have been consulted before issuing such a directive. There are scores of beacon-fitted vehicles having no number plates. Should we deny petrol to beacon-fitted vehicles having no number plates,” a member of petroleum dealers association told IANS.
- No helmet, no petrol in Ranchi - Jan 31, 2012
- 15 booked for using red beacons on vehicles - Jan 06, 2011
- Kashmir gets high security number plates - Jun 11, 2012
- Delhi traffic cops' powers curbed - Jun 11, 2011
- Petrol bunks go dry in three Tamil Nadu districts(Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Tripura introduces high security vehicle number plates - Jul 30, 2012
- Beijing car sales to plummet in 2011 - Dec 24, 2011
- Meghalaya minister fined Rs.1,000 for illegal parking - Dec 15, 2011
- No helmet, no fuel for Srinagar two-wheeler riders - Jun 08, 2011
- Hike fines for traffic violations, say police - Oct 04, 2011
- Green signal for high-security number plates in Delhi - Aug 26, 2011
- Putin's limousine invites traffic complaint - Jul 17, 2012
- No helmet, no petrol in this Uttar Pradesh district - Apr 11, 2011
- Jharkhand activists support Hazare - Apr 08, 2011
- Delhi Traffic Police chief upset with VIP law breakers - Feb 07, 2011