No evidence against Dayalu Ammal: CBIApril 25th, 2011 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 25 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation Monday said that the second wife of DMK chief M. Karunanidhi, Dayalu Ammal, has not been charge sheeted as the agency could not gather any evidence against her.
Ammal, director of M/S Kalaignar TV Pvt. Ltd, is the major stakeholder, having 60 percent of the stakes.
The CBI said that Ammal in view of her age and deteriorating health, gave the responsibility of handling company affairs and issues to Sharad Kumar Reddy, managing director and promoter of Kalaignar TV, who had signed all the illegal documents.
“Ammal can understand only Tamil. She cannot read, write or speak anything else, so she never signed any document… Moreover, she was only in the company to suffice the legal requirement to complete the quorum… We have got nothing against her,” the CBI officials said.
Ammal became a major stake holder in the Kalaignar TV, after she invested Rs.100 crore which she got as compensation from SUN TV in which she was a partner, after the company split.
Meanwhile, reacting to the CBI’s charge sheet which did not name Ammal, the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) said, “The 60 percent owner of Kalaignar TV, Dayalu Ammal, has not been named. We wonder if there is some political pressure due to which the CBI has hesitated to add her name.”
- Charge sheet entire Karunanidhi family, says Jayalalithaa - Apr 25, 2011
- CBI questions Kanimozhi, Karunanidhi's wife in 2G scam (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Unhappy DMK to meet Wednesday, Congress says alliance stable (Roundup) - Apr 26, 2011
- Kalaignar TV now fights to clear its name - Apr 25, 2011
- Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar's bail order reserved (Second Lead) - May 30, 2011
- Karunanidhi to visit daughter in Tihar jail Tuesday (Lead) - Jun 20, 2011
- Now, Karunanidhi's daughter co-accused in 2G spectrum case (Roundup) - Apr 25, 2011
- Delhi High Court issues notice to CBI on 2G accused's plea - May 07, 2012
- 2G scam: Kusegoan officials question CBI charges (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- CBI likely to file supplementary charge sheet in 2G scam - Apr 25, 2011
- Arrest Kanimozhi, cancel Kalaignar TV's license: Jayalalithaa - Apr 25, 2011
- Kanimozhi charged with conspiracy in 2G scam case - Apr 25, 2011
- Relieved Karunanidhi speaks to Kanimozhi - Nov 28, 2011
- 2G: Balwa, Aggarwal move high court - Jan 05, 2012
- CBI to question Kanimozhi before March 31 (Lead) - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,