No corruption in Kerala publication deals: ProbeApril 30th, 2008 - 7:12 pm ICT by admin
Thiruvananthapuram, April 30 (IANS) The Kerala state vigilance and anti-corruption bureau have not found any substance in the complaints of corrupt deals against the ruling Communist Party of India (Marxist)’s publication “Deshabhimani”. The findings were submitted to the vigilance court by the investigating officer here Wednesday.
In the first case, “Deshabhimani” was accused of accepting Rs.20 million in the form of a bond from the family members of S. Martin, a leading lottery agent, for the newspaper’s development activities.
The second scandal surfaced when K. Venugopal, a senior “Deshabhimani” official, was expelled from the CPI-M following allegations that he had taken a bribe of Rs.10 million from a private financial institution to settle a legal case of the company.
The investigating officer in his report to the court said that his team did not come across any irregularities in the two cases and the complainant was also not able to furnish details of any corruption.
However, the report said that Reserve Bank of India or the Securities and Exchange Board of India was competent to go into the details of the issue of bonds.
The vigilance court has posted next hearing to May 12 and directed the complainant to be present.
- Another probe ordered into CPI-M mouthpiece graft case - Jul 02, 2008
- Achuthanandan's son faces suspension - Oct 26, 2011
- CBI files case against lottery dealers in Kerala - Aug 06, 2011
- Court orders fraud case against Kerala lottery dealer - Nov 06, 2010
- Himachal asked to give details on its tainted officials - Sep 04, 2010
- Ten years later, man jailed for trying to bribe cop - Oct 15, 2011
- Achuthanandan ordered Lok Ayukta probe to protect son: Chandy - Jul 15, 2011
- Haryana bureaucrat arrested in corruption case - Feb 16, 2012
- Kerala Police to arrest 'lottery king' soon - Nov 22, 2010
- Kerala Court speeds up probe against government - Mar 03, 2008
- Anti-corruption inspector arrested for taking bribe - Apr 07, 2010
- Retired judge's daughter nabbed on graft charge - Oct 14, 2011
- CBI nabs 4 customs officials for taking bribe - Jun 06, 2012
- Fight against graft, get rewarded in Bihar - Aug 23, 2011
- Two provident fund officials arrested for graft - Oct 05, 2011