No compromise on national security: AntonyJune 10th, 2008 - 1:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 10 (IANS) India will not compromise on its national security even as it engages China in a dialogue to resolve the dragging border dispute, Defence Minister A.K. Antony said Tuesday. “We are in the process of finding a solution to our long-standing dispute through dialogue. The process is continuing,” Antony told reporters on the sidelines of a defence officers conference here.
“As far as national interests are concerned, we won’t compromise,” he said, when asked if India was being soft despite Chinese incursions into Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh to placate the Left parties that support Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s government.
“The armed forces are ready to meet any challenge,” Antony maintained.
“We want to avoid confrontation and that is why we are in a dialogue. It would be appropriate to find a solution through dialogue,” he said. “As far as national security is concerned, there would be no compromise.”
- India for navigational freedom in South China Sea (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Mechanism soon to resolve border row with China: Antony - Sep 27, 2011
- Dialogue with Pakistan will continue: Defence Minister - Jul 26, 2011
- Show patience in resolving border issue, China advises India - Jun 27, 2012
- India, Pakistan to continue talks on Siachen row (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Defence Minister Antony says India not soft on China - Jun 10, 2008
- India strengthening border security for any eventuality: Antony - Feb 02, 2010
- China's military spending matter of concern, says Antony (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- High expectations from Chinese minister's India trip: Daily - Sep 05, 2012
- India, China to launch new border mechanism soon - Oct 05, 2011
- India objects to China's Arunachal comments - Feb 27, 2012
- India protests China's Arunachal comments (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- India not unduly concerned over China's military modernization: Antony - Feb 16, 2011
- Omar Abdullah fears incursions from China might hamper bilateral relations - Sep 17, 2009
- Indian defence secretary in Pakistan - Jun 11, 2012