No clues in elderly Delhi woman’s murderSeptember 2nd, 2012 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 2 (IANS) The identity of suspects in the murder of an elderly woman here the day before has remained a mystery in the absence of any concrete clue, police said Sunday.
Sheela, 70, resident of west Delhi’s Moti Nagar, was found stabbed to death in her house. She was stabbed twice and body was detected by her son Vinod.
“The initial inquiry suggests that the killer was known to the woman and robbery was not the motive as the victim’s jewellery and other valuables were found intact. No concrete clue is found yet which can clarify the identity of the culprit,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police V. Renganathan.
Police have questioned people who were in touch with the victim’s family, said the officer.
Vinod and his wife had left for their offices around 10 a.m. Saturday.
“Around 2.45 p.m., Vinod returned home. The door of the house was found open. In the bedroom, he found his mother’s body. Some articles in the room were ransacked but Sheela’s bangles, necklace and ear-rings were intact,” said the officer.
Police sources claimed that personal rivalry might be the motive behind the murder.
- Woman murdered in Ghaziabad - Apr 22, 2010
- Elderly woman found dead in her Delhi flat - Jun 20, 2012
- 65-year-old woman killed in Delhi home - Sep 06, 2012
- Car showroom manager stabbed to death - Jun 04, 2011
- Private firm manager shot dead in Delhi - Jul 25, 2012
- Bangalore cops quiz slain techie's husband, friends - Dec 18, 2010
- Two murders in Delhi - Jul 11, 2012
- Delhi youth with criminal background found murdered - Jul 08, 2012
- Minor helps Delhi Police to solve murder mystery - Jul 26, 2012
- Body in bag: Woman identified as Myanmar national - May 23, 2011
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012
- Cousin, uncle held for siblings' murder - Jan 03, 2012
- Family quarrels lead to killings, attempted murder in Maharashtra - Jun 29, 2012
- Love for woman leads to murder - Sep 19, 2011
- Woman found dead at railway station remains unidentified - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,