No clean chit to BJP legislator in Shehla murder case: CBIMarch 6th, 2012 - 3:04 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, March 6 (IANS) Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Tuesday denied giving a “clean chit” to BJP legislator Dhruv Narayan Singh in the murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood.
The CBI also described the murder as a “crime of passion”.
CBI director A.P. Singh reached Bhopal Monday night to review the case.
Officers of the premier agency told reporters here that they are not sure whether the Bhopal legislator is a mastermind of the crime, but had not given him a clean chit.
Masood was killed near her house in the state capital on Aug 16 last year.
The CBI took up the case in September and so far three people - architect Zahida Parvez, her friend Saba Farooqui and city based criminal Shaqib ‘Danger’ - have been arrested by the agency. A contract killer from Kanpur, Irfan, has been arrested by the special task force in Uttar Pradesh.
“So far, it seems that Zahida had contacted Shaqib to eliminate Shehla,” officials told reporters.
The officers said that with the support of local police they had so far examined 900,000 call details in the case.
They claimed that they will solve the high profile case in one month’s time.
Meanwhile, in Indore the three accused Zahida, Saba and Shaqib were presented before a special CBI court. The three are in CBI custody and Tuesday, the court of Shubra Singh granted them remand till March 13.
The court also accept CBI officials request to conduct lie detector test on the accused.
- CBI to quiz Shehla Masood murder accused for 3 days - Mar 03, 2012
- 'Jealous woman architect plotted Shehla Masood murder' - Mar 04, 2012
- Shehla murder: Accused says BJP legislator guilty - Apr 11, 2012
- CBI visits Shehla Masood's house with shooter - Mar 11, 2012
- CBI questions legislator in Shehla Masood murder - Mar 03, 2012
- Shehla murder: CBI recovers revolver, bike used in crime - Mar 25, 2012
- Shehla murder: Congress demands arrest of BJP legislator - Apr 12, 2012
- Shehla murder: CBI gets remand of another accused - Mar 20, 2012
- Shehla murder: BJP legislator offers to quit party post - Mar 14, 2012
- BJP MLA to be put through lie detector test in Masood murder case - Mar 09, 2012
- Shehla murder: Accused blames BJP legislator - Apr 13, 2012
- Shehla Masood murder: Legislator's house raided - Mar 04, 2012
- CBI arrests another woman for murder - Mar 02, 2012
- CBI hints at BJP legislator's role in Shehla Masood's murder (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Another arrest in Shehla Masood murder case (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,