No Bollywood plans as yet: Vasuki Sunkavalli (With Image)July 18th, 2011 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 18 (IANS) Vasuki Sunkavalli, winner of I Am She Miss Universe India 2011,
says her priority is physical fitness for the beauty pageant in Brazil and that she has no plans as of now of entering the Hindi film industry.
“I don’t have a Bollywood plan, but nevertheless, never say never. I’m a lawyer by profession and have done modelling and Bollywood has never been an option so far. But I don’t know. I’ll cross the bridge when I come to it,” Vasuki told IANS in an interview.
From Juhi Chawla, to Aishwarya Rai, Sushmita Sen, Priyanka Chopra, Lara Dutta and Dia Mirza — all these former beauty queens entered films after proving their worth in the fashion world.
The 26-year-old Hyderabad girl was crowned Miss Universe India 2011 by former Miss Universe-turned-actress Sushmita Sen at a private ceremony here Friday night. But the results of the contest were unveiled to the media Saturday.
“I always wanted to be Miss Universe. So it was my wish to enter the pageant one day. So, I was blank when my name was announced (as the winner). I wasn’t thinking at all. I was numb.
“But when I woke up in the morning after the crowning, in my subconscious state I imagined myself in a bikini in Sao Paulo and walking the ramp for Miss Universe,” she said of the contest in September.
“I’m not going to be over-confident. From the beginning, I did not even once feel that I did not have the chance. I was confident of the fact that I would be the winner if I wanted to and beyond that I did not think much,” she added.
When asked, what all she needs to work on for the main competition, Vasuki said: “The top priority for me is physical fitness. People would disagree with me, but I believe that I speak well, but as far as my overall grooming goes, the most I need is in the physical fitness department. Not that I’m fat, I’m quite toned and I’m an athlete. But still….”
- (after 1)International titles evade Indian girls -- wonder why? - Sep 14, 2011
- Vasuki Sunkavalli is Miss Universe India 2011 - Jul 16, 2011
- No favouritism at beauty pageants: Miss Earth Nicole Faria - Nov 14, 2011
- Angola's Leila Lopes is Miss Universe 2011 (Lead) - Sep 13, 2011
- Models bypass pageants for straight road to Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- Indore girl wins Miss Asia Pacific 2012 (With Images) - Jun 19, 2012
- Being beauty queen is about having character: Sushmita Sen - Jul 02, 2011
- Sushmita congratulates Parul for bringing honour to India (With Images) - Dec 28, 2011
- Preity thanks SRK, Manisha Koirala 'Dil se' (Movie Snippets) - Jun 26, 2012
- Vasuki Sunkavalli out of Miss Universe race - Sep 13, 2011
- India has more beauty queens than most countries: Diana - Jun 14, 2012
- 30 contestants gear up for 'Miss Universe' crown - Apr 28, 2010
- Sushmita hails Himangini's win as best gift - Jun 22, 2012
- I want to do a raunchy item number: Sushmita (With image) - Jul 13, 2011
- I'm focussed on Miss World title: Vanya Mishra - Jun 23, 2012
Tags: actress, aishwarya rai, athlete, beauty pageant, beauty queens, bollywood, dia mirza, fashion world, friday night, hindi film industry, juhi chawla, lara dutta, miss universe, physical fitness department, private ceremony, priyanka chopra, ramp, sao paulo, sushmita sen, top priority