No bail for Rajesh Talwar (Lead)June 10th, 2008 - 3:22 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, June 10 (IANS) A special court here Tuesday rejected the bail application of Rajesh Talwar, arrested for his alleged role in the gruesome twin murders of his 14-year-old daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj in his Noida residence. Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) magistrate Sapna Mishra heard arguments from the lawyers of the CBI and Talwar before denying the dentist bail. Special magistrates don’t have the power to grant bail to an accused in a murder case.
While Talwar’s lawyer argued that he should be given bail as there was no evidence against him, the CBI counsel opposed the plea as the investigation was still underway and independent witnesses could be influenced.
Defence lawyer Satish Tamta said: “It is just a procedure. The bail application is processed through the lower court… This is to pave the way for litigants to go to the higher court of additional district and sessions judge (ADJ).
“We will plead before the ADJ court to grant bail to our client on the same conditions that we argued before the lower court - of not finding any evidence against Talwar during the investigation.”
Aarushi was found murdered in her Noida home on May 16 with her throat slit. The Noida police initially named Hemraj as the prime accused but backtracked after his body was recovered a day later from the terrace of the flat in the Uttar Pradesh township bordering the national capital.
Rajesh Talwar, a dentist, was arrested a week later on May 23.
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail order Wednesday (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Court reserves order on Nupur Talwar's bail - May 01, 2012
- Arrest warrant against Nupur Talwar (Third Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Fresh arrest warrant against Nupur Talwar (Second Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar to continue on bail (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves Supreme Court against warrant (Second Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Court rejects father's request for papers (Second Lead) - Jan 21, 2011
- Aarushi's mother to be arrested? Search underway (Second Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's bail rejected, moves apex court (Second Lead) - May 02, 2012