No bail for Rajesh Talwar in Noida murders (Lead)June 26th, 2008 - 10:24 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, June 26 (IANS) A court here Thursday turned down the bail plea of dentist Rajesh Talwar, arrested for allegedly murdering his teenaged daughter Aarushi and the family’s domestic help in adjoining Noida town, and sent him to jail till July 2. District and Sessions Judge Mahendra Kumar Jain rejected the plea after hearing arguments from counsel for Talwar and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Talwar’s counsel Satish Tamta submitted before the court that the dentist had already spent 33 days in jail and that the police had obtained his custody only on the basis of his statement, which was not admissible in court.
He also contended that Talwar had been fully cooperating with the investigations and had also been subjected to an array of scientific tests - which had not established his guilt.
CBI counsel R.K.Saini opposed the bail plea, saying it was a “grave and blind case”.
Talwar’s bail plea was previously rejected June 7.
The Noida police arrested Talwar May 23 for the twin murders that were discovered May 16. The CBI took over the case June 1 but has yet to zero in on the motive for the crime in spite of interrogating a number of people and also arresting the dentist’s compounder Krishna.
- Rajesh Talwar to continue on bail (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Arrest warrant against Nupur Talwar (Third Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Fresh arrest warrant against Nupur Talwar (Second Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Court rejects father's request for papers (Second Lead) - Jan 21, 2011
- High court rejects Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi's parents ask for extra documents filed by CBI - Jan 11, 2011
- SC notice to CBI on Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Examine Aarushi murder witnesses by Sep 17, SC tells CBI - Aug 13, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Rajesh Talwar advanced Haridwar visit: Witness - Sep 05, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012