No arrests yet in Ghaziabad Home Guard’s killingJuly 14th, 2012 - 10:53 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 14 (IANS) No arrests have yet been made in an incident in which six people beat up a Home Guard to death in Ghaziabad, police said Saturday.
Home Guard Vinay Tiwari, 35, was attacked Friday by half a dozen assailants at Vasundhara crossing around 5 p.m. He complained of chest pain and died in hospital around 10 p.m., police said.
Superintendent of Police (City) Shiv Shankar Yadav said a murder case was registered.
Two of the accused were identified as Javed and Monu Sharma.
The assailants, some of whom claimed to be journalists, beat up the victim as he prevented them from taking their mini-truck on a road that was closed to traffic, police said.
- Four toll plaza attendants thrashed in Ghaziabad - Sep 25, 2011
- Delhi cop killed in accident - Jun 29, 2012
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- One killed in road accident - Dec 09, 2011
- Baby girl found murdered in Ghaziabad drain - Jul 28, 2012
- One dead, two injured in Delhi road accident - Jul 21, 2012
- Twin blasts kill 14 in Afghanistan - Jul 08, 2012
- Independent candidate shot at in Ghaziabad - Feb 27, 2012
- Headless body of software engineer found - Jun 01, 2012
- Student union leader shot at in Greater Noida - Sep 03, 2010
- No arrest yet in Woodland manager's killing - Jul 23, 2012
- Man's body found in tin box - May 18, 2011
- Four Delhi Police personnel injured in accident - Apr 08, 2012
- Triple murder in Ghaziabad, two held - Jan 04, 2012
- 10 killed in Gurgaon road accident (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011