Nitish likely to support Ansari for vice presidentJuly 11th, 2012 - 1:23 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 11 (IANS) Bihar Chief Minister and Janata Dal-United (JD-U) chief Nitish Kumar is likely to back Hamid Ansari for a second term as vice president if the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) declares his candidature, party leaders here said.
The JD-U, which is supporting the UPA’s presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee, is believed to be in favour of Ansari too.
“Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is in favour of supporting Hamid Ansari if the UPA declares his candidature for the upcoming vice presidential polls,” said a senior JD-U leader, considered close to Nitish Kumar.
Another leader said Nitish Kumar had told the party that Ansari was the best option for the JD-U’s support.
- Nitish may back Ansari as vice president (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Jaswant Singh is NDA's vice presidential candidate (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Jaswant Singh is NDA choice for vice president (Roundup) - Jul 16, 2012
- JD-U is with Jaswant Singh: Nitish - Jul 16, 2012
- Jaswant Singh as NDA's vice presidential candidate (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- BJP to discuss vice presidential poll - Jul 14, 2012
- NDA to finalise nominee for vice president Monday - Jul 16, 2012
- BJP wants Congress to react, NDA meet unlikely before Saturday (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- BJP tries to bridge gaps on presidential contest (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- NDA decision unlikely before Saturday, cards close to chest - Jun 13, 2012
- BJP for vice presidential contest, to seek NDA nod (Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Nitish Kumar congratulates Pranab, invites him to Bihar - Jul 22, 2012
- JD-U leader supports Mukherjee - Jun 16, 2012
- Nitish meets Jaswant, pledges support - Jul 26, 2012
- JD-U to support Pranab for presidency - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: ansari, bihar, chief minister, favour, janata, jd, nitish kumar, party leaders, pranab mukherjee, presidential nominee, presidential polls, progressive alliance, second term, UPA, vice president