Nitish Kumar’s house, office to go greenJuly 29th, 2011 - 4:38 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 29 (IANS) Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar will use solar energy for lighting up his residence and office, an official said Friday.
“It will set a model for others to follow Nitish Kumar’s practical approach for eco-friendly measures,” an official in chief minister’s office said.
The chief ministers’s house and office is on Anne Marg here.
Nitish Kumar has asked the thermal power system to be converted to a solar one. A solar power project will be launched soon, sources said.
“I will use solar energy at my house and office to popularize it and encourage people to go for solar energy,” Nitish Kumar told a gathering Wednesday.
New and renewable energy sources have the potential to generate around 2,000 MW of power in the state, said state energy department Principal Secretary Ajay V. Nayak.
Bihar generates around 6 MW from biomass plants, around 4 KW from solar power plant at Patailiya village in Samastipur district and about 55 MW from hydro electric power plants.
Bihar has a daily power demand of nearly 2,200 MW. However, it receives only about 1,000 MW from outside.
- Nitish Kumar's residence to turn green - Mar 28, 2012
- Tata Power's 800 MW thermal plant operational in Gujarat - Jul 19, 2012
- Coming up in Bihar, thermal, biomass power plants - Apr 14, 2011
- After roads, Bihar's power sector a Nitish priority - Dec 17, 2010
- Provide Bihar coal linkage for new power plants: Sushil Modi - Dec 18, 2010
- India's first 3 MW solar plant unveiled in Karnataka - Jun 17, 2010
- Bihar set to turn green, politicians to plant trees - Aug 11, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh to add 500 MW of power by June - May 17, 2012
- Hydro-power key to India's energy security: Study - Jun 21, 2012
- Bihar to generate additional 3,960 MW of power - Dec 15, 2010
- Massive power cuts in Karnataka, Bangalore spared - Oct 10, 2011
- Decks cleared for Bihar power project - Jan 28, 2012
- Rs.4,900 crore FDI in renewable energy sector - Aug 26, 2011
- TERI to help light up Bihar villages - Mar 18, 2010
- Floating solar power plants to bridge energy deficit? - Nov 20, 2011