Nitish Katara murder case judgement date to be announced WednesdayMay 27th, 2008 - 2:42 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 27 (IANS) Bringing an end to the twists and turns in the Nitish Katara murder case Tuesday, a city court rejected the application filed by the defence counsel to re-examine key witness Ajay Katara and announced that it will pronounce the date of judgement Wednesday. While rejecting the defence counsel’s application to re-examine Ajay after a newspaper sting operation showed him to be a planted witness, Additional Sessions Judge Ravinder Kaur asked the counsel not to file any other application.
The court also said that it will decide the date of pronouncement of judgement Wednesday.
The defence counsel had moved an application under section 311 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) Monday, raising objections over the affidavit filed in the court by Ajay Saturday.
On Saturday, Ajay testified before the court on the authenticity of the sting operation carried out by a newspaper, in which he said he never saw the accused Vikas and Vishal Yadav taking away Nitish from a marriage party in Ghaziabad Feb 16, 2002. Nitish was found murdered after that fateful night.
Katara testified that he was tricked into making the statements under the influence of liquor.
On the basis of the sting operation, counsel for Vikas and Vishal filed an application in the court seeking prosecution of Katara for falsely deposing in the trial.
Nitish, son of a senior Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer, was allegedly kidnapped and murdered by Vikas in 2002, his cousin Vishal and Sukhdev. They resented Nitish’s alleged relationship with Vikas’s sister Bharati.
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict - Jul 17, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Arguments on punishment July 12 - Jul 07, 2011
- Defence wants to re-examine key witness in Katara murder case - May 26, 2008
- Nitish Katara murder: Verdict on third accused Wednesday - Jul 05, 2011
- Vikas Yadav wants four days leave from jail - Nov 09, 2011
- Give death to Nitish Katara killers, police tell court - Aug 28, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder verdict likely Wednesday (Lead) - May 27, 2008
- Vikas Yadav gets one day's leave from jail (Lead) - Nov 22, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records - Feb 01, 2012
- Court orders medical inspection of Nitish Katara killers - Feb 02, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Vishal to pay Rs.16 lakh for security - Mar 16, 2012
- Sukhdev Pehalwan gets life term for Nitish Katara murder (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Third accused held guilty - Jul 06, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Vishal Yadav's bail plea rejected - Feb 24, 2011