Nitish backs Mayawati plan to split Uttar PradeshNovember 16th, 2011 - 5:37 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Nov 16 (IANS) Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Wednesday came out in support of Mayawati’s plan to divide Uttar Pradesh into four states.
“I am always a supporter of smaller states. I support (Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister) Mayawati’s move,” Nitish Kumar told newspersons here.
Nitish Kumar said that creation of smaller states will benefit people. “Smaller states are good for governance and development.”
“It will pave the way for good governance and help to resolve issues keeping in view the aspirations of people in different regions,” he said.
Without taking names, the Bihar chief minister said there were several large states in India that could be bifurcated.
- No scope to divide Bihar further, says Nitish - Nov 21, 2011
- I am in favour of smaller states: Nitish Kumar - Dec 10, 2009
- We will take special status for Bihar: Nitish Kumar - Aug 27, 2011
- US under secretary praises Nitish Kumar for 'positive change' in Bihar - Apr 03, 2012
- Has Mayawati set agenda for assembly polls? - Nov 27, 2011
- No possibility of Third Front: Nitish Kumar - Mar 12, 2012
- Lalu attacks Nitish over Modi handshake (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Good governance has always been my goal: Mayawati - Nov 29, 2010
- Nitish welcomes Hazare's decision - Aug 03, 2012
- Bihar minister dares Nitish to sack him - Jun 20, 2012
- JD-U is with Jaswant Singh: Nitish - Jul 16, 2012
- Bihar seeks special category - with signatures - Jul 10, 2011
- President to launch Bihar agriculture map - Jul 26, 2012
- Nitish Kumar opposes FDI in retail - Jul 31, 2012
- Nitish against FDI in retail - Nov 25, 2011