Nithari killings: Verdict in Aarti murder case WednesdayMarch 31st, 2009 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, March 31 (IANS) A Ghaziabad court will Wednesday pronounce its verdict in the rape and murder of eight-year-old Aarti, a resident of Nithari village of Noida, where 19 children and young women went missing three years ago and were later found murdered.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had given a clean chit to Moninder Singh Pandher and declared Surendra Koli the main accused in the case.
Aarti had reportedly returned home from school on the afternoon of Oct 25, 2006 after which she went out to buy some toffees. However, she never came back.
A report about Aarti going missing was then filed at the Sector 20 police station in Noida.
On Dec 29, 2006, Aarti’s remains were found buried behind Pandher’s home in Nithari. Her remains, that were initially identified by her clothes, were later confirmed to be hers through a DNA analysis. Aarti was the last known victim in the Nithari killings, having disappeared just about two months before the case was busted.
The court had already pronounced its verdict in the Rimpa Haldar murder case in which Pandher and Kohli were sentenced to death.
- Nithari killings: Koli convicted for minor girl's murder (Lead) - Sep 27, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli gets third death penalty (Lead) - Sep 28, 2010
- Nithari killings timeline - Dec 22, 2010
- Nithari murder case: CBI court postpones hearing to May 12 - May 05, 2010
- Death sentence to Koli in Nithari murder case - May 12, 2010
- Nithari murder case: Surender Koli found guilty of seven-year-old's murder - May 04, 2010
- Koli gets death for third Nithari murder - Sep 28, 2010
- Nithari killings: Apex court sends Koli to the gallows (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Nithari killings: Apex court upholds Koli's death sentence (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Pandher has some explanation to do: Apex court - Feb 15, 2011
- Nithari killings: Apex court confirms death for Koli (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Second Nithari murder case verdict Tuesday - May 03, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli to be sentenced today - May 12, 2010
- Nithari killings: SC upholds death sentence for Surinder Koli - Feb 15, 2011
- Supreme Court slams CBI in Nithari case - Feb 09, 2011