Nithari killings: Pandher faces rape, murder chargesJuly 17th, 2008 - 1:07 am ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 16 (IANS) A court here Wednesday framed rape and murder charges against businessman Maninder Singh Pandher and his domestic help Surender Koli in the Nithari serial killings in suburban Noida. Earlier, Pandher had been charged with rape and murder in six cases but had challenged the Central Bureau of Intelligence (CBI) court’s order before the Allahabad High Court. The high court directed the trial court to further scrutinize the charges.
The CBI court then found Pandher involved in the rape and murder of the victims and framed charges against him in all the six cases, said Khalid Khan, the lawyer for the Nithari victims’ families.
He said that out of the 19 cases registered with it, the CBI had submitted chargesheets in 13 cases and had framed charges against Pandher in six cases.
The remains of 20 children and young women were found from a drain near Pandher’s house adjoining Nithari village in December 2006.
- Nithari killings: Koli convicted for minor girl's murder (Lead) - Sep 27, 2010
- Nithari killings timeline - Dec 22, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli guilty of seven-year-old's murder (Lead) - May 04, 2010
- Koli sentencing arguments deferred (Second Lead) - May 05, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli gets fourth death sentence (Lead) - Dec 22, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli to be sentenced today - May 12, 2010
- Nithari case: Koli guilty of seven-year-old's rape and murder (Second Lead) - May 04, 2010
- Supreme Court slams CBI in Nithari case - Feb 09, 2011
- Nithari killings: Koli gets third death penalty (Lead) - Sep 28, 2010
- Bus carrying Nithari killer Koli rams into vehicle - Jan 18, 2011
- Death warrant sends Koli in search of mercy - May 09, 2011
- Nithari killings: Koli held guilty in third murder case - Sep 27, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli guilty of 7-year-old's rape, murder (Fourth Lead, correcting year in opening paragraph) - May 04, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli guilty of 7-year-old's rape, murder (Third Lead) - May 04, 2010
- Nithari killings: SC upholds death sentence for Surinder Koli - Feb 15, 2011