Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher convicted for rape, murderFebruary 12th, 2009 - 5:53 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Feb 12 (IANS) In the first of the Nithari case judgments, a special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court Thursday convicted businessman Moninder Singh Pandher and his domestic help Surendra Koli for raping and killing 14-year-old Rimpa Haldar.
Special judge Rama Jain will pronounce the quantum of punishment Friday morning.
While both Pandher and Koli were found guilty of murder and rape, Koli was also booked under the additional charge of abduction. Pandher was found guilty for destruction of evidence and criminal conspiracy.
The two men were arrested Dec 29, 2006, after the Noida police found 15 skulls outside the businessman’s D-5 bungalow in Noida on the outskirts of the national capital.
Subsequently, more bones were recovered from the drain behind the bungalow. Eventually, investigations revealed that the remains belonged to four women and 15 young girls who had been raped, killed and mutilated.
- Nithari killings: Koli convicted for minor girl's murder (Lead) - Sep 27, 2010
- Nithari killings timeline - Dec 22, 2010
- First Nithari murder sentencing later Friday - Feb 13, 2009
- CBI demands death for Koli and Pandher, sentencing at 3 p.m. (Lead, Changing dateline) - Feb 13, 2009
- Nithari killings: Apex court confirms death for Koli (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Nithari killings: Supreme Court stays Surinder Koli's death sentence - Jan 07, 2010
- Nithari killings: Apex court upholds Koli's death sentence (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Nithari killings: Koli to be sentenced today - May 12, 2010
- Koli gets death for third Nithari murder - Sep 28, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli gets third death penalty (Lead) - Sep 28, 2010
- Death for Koli and Pandher for Nithari teen's rape and murder - Feb 13, 2009
- Nithari killing: Supreme Court stays Koli's death sentence - Jan 07, 2010
- Pandher cleared in one Nithari case, victim's family to move apex court (Roundup) - Sep 11, 2009
- Nithari killings: Koli held guilty in third murder case - Sep 27, 2010
- CBI demands death for Koli, silent on Pandher (Second Lead) - Feb 13, 2009