Nine Taliban rebels killed in AfghanistanDecember 7th, 2008 - 2:55 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Dec 7 (Xinhua) Afghan police Sunday foiled a Taliban offensive on a check post and killed nine militants in the southern Afghan province of Helmand.Daud Ahmadi, spokesman of the provincial government, told reporters the insurgents launched an attack on a police post in Gereshk district in the small hours of Sunday.
“Fighting lasted for two hours during which nine rebels were killed and their bodies were still lying on the battle field,” Ahmadi said, adding that two militants were arrested.
Two police personnel sustained injuries during the gunfight, he said.
Saturday, four insurgents were killed in an air attack by international troops in Nad Ali region of the district.
Among the injured in the strafing were four civilians, provincial authorities said.
- Two policemen among 12 killed in Afghan clash - Jan 19, 2012
- 10 killed in Afghan roadside bombing - Dec 29, 2011
- 22 Taliban, five cops killed in Afghan attack - Jul 08, 2012
- Afghan militants kill four on spying charges - Feb 21, 2012
- 20 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Apr 24, 2012
- Seven Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Jan 09, 2012
- 32 militants killed in Afghanistan - Feb 04, 2010
- 32 militants killed in Afghanistan (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Feb 04, 2010
- Two kids killed in Afghan bombing - Apr 12, 2012
- Taliban kill 25 road crew guards in Afghanistan - Aug 21, 2010
- Seven die in Afghanistan blast - Feb 28, 2012
- Eight Taliban killed, 13 held in Afghanistan (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Suicide bombing rocks Afghanistan city - Sep 27, 2011
- 50 Taliban killed in NATO drone strike - Aug 18, 2012
- 16 killed in Afghan blast, air attack - Sep 13, 2010