Nine policemen wounded in Kashmir explosionJuly 6th, 2011 - 12:57 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, July 6 (IANS) Nine police personnel were injured, five of them critically, in a blast in Jammu and Kashmir’s Sopore town Wednesday morning.
A police official said separatist guerrillas first fired two rifle grenades at the local police station. When policemen went out to check, militants set off an improvised explosive device (IED) planted in a scooter.
He said the condition of five of the policemen was critical and they had been rushed to Srinagar for specialised treatment.
Tension ran high in Sopore town, 54 km from here.
“I saw people running in every direction for security,” a Sopore resident, Usman Bacha, said over the phone.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Guerrillas open fire in cop's home in Kashmir - Jul 19, 2011
- Four CRPF troopers killed in Kashmir (Third Lead) - Dec 30, 2009
- Two security personnel injured in Imphal blast - Sep 05, 2012
- Huge cache of arms, ammunition recovered in Kashmir - Apr 19, 2010
- Grenade blasts rock Sopore town in Kashmir - Feb 02, 2011
- One killed, four injured in Kashmir (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Policeman injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 31, 2012
- Guerrillas attack Kashmir police officer's house - Dec 06, 2010
- Guerrilla module busted in Srinagar - Aug 22, 2012
- Security personnel killed, another injured in Kashmir attack - Sep 08, 2012
- Two civilians injured in Kashmir explosion - Dec 24, 2010
- Five CRPF troopers injured in Kashmir attack - Jun 17, 2012
- 1 killed, 15 injured in south Kashmir blast (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- Militants attack district police chief's convoy in Kashmir - Jan 07, 2012
- Militants fire grenades at Kashmir security camp - Feb 17, 2011