Nine mobile phones seized from prisoners in Bihar jailAugust 8th, 2008 - 1:40 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Aug 8 (IANS) Nine mobile phones were seized from the inmates of a Bihar jail during a raid early Friday morning, the police said. Half a dozen mobile chargers, weapons and some cash were also seized from the prisoners of divisional Biharsharif jail in Nalanda, home district of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
“Nearly Rs.5,000 was recovered from the former legislator of Rashtriya Janata Dal Pappu Khan, who is lodged in the jail,” a district official said.
Officials conducted the raid acting on information that inmates were making calls through mobile phones from the jail.
The raid was led by the district magistrate, superintendent of police and other officials of the district administration.
Earlier 37 mobile phones were seized in Siwan jail, about 150 km from here, last Sunday.
- Mobile phones seized from former RJD MP Shahabuddin in Siwan jail - Oct 22, 2010
- Mobile phones, ganja found in Bihar jail - Jul 20, 2011
- Mobile phones seized from former MP in jail - Oct 22, 2010
- Voters list recovered from Bihar jail - Sep 18, 2010
- Mobile phones seized in Bihar jail - Jun 23, 2011
- Bihar jail to auction 500 mobile phones - Jun 11, 2012
- Ten mobile phones seized from Bihar jail - Mar 11, 2010
- Mobiles, knife seized from Jharkhand jail - Jan 18, 2011
- Fifteen mobile phones recovered from Bihar jail - Sep 02, 2010
- Twelve mobile phones seized from Bihar jail - Apr 07, 2010
- Jailor shot at, escapes unhurt - Jul 27, 2012
- Three get life term for former JNU student leader's murder - Mar 23, 2012
- 37 mobile phones seized from Bihar jail - Aug 03, 2008
- Case against jail staff after mobiles found in raid - Feb 07, 2011
- Seven prisoners booked for lynching doctor in Bihar (Lead) - May 30, 2011