Nine Maoist rebels arrested in JharkhandNovember 20th, 2008 - 1:44 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Nov 20 (IANS) Police Thursday arrested nine Maoist rebels from the Gumla district of Jharkhand and seized weapons, literature and uniforms from them.”Nine Maoist rebels belonging to Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) have been arrested. They were holding a meeting when the police raided,” Superintendent of Police of Gumla district Baljeet Singh told IANS by telephone.
Four carbine, three regular weapons, Maoist literature and uniforms were seized from the arrested rebels, who include Uday Oraon, a sub-zonal commander of CPI-Maoist.
“This is big success for the Jharkhand police. Uday Oraon had escaped from Lohardagga district jail sometime ago,” an official said.
On a tip off, police raided the jungle area situated in Sisai police station of Gumla district, around 140 km from here Thursday morning.
Jharkhand police arrested 16 Maoist rebels of People’s Morcha in Hazaribagh district Wednesday evening and seized 16 regular weapons, explosives and other things from them.
Maoist rebels are active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state. In the last seven years, more than 1,300 persons including civilians and Maoist rebels have been killed.
- Two Maoists arrested, weapons recovered - Jan 30, 2011
- Three Maoists killed in Jharkhand gunfight - Jan 09, 2011
- Five Maoists held in Jharkhand - Jan 19, 2011
- One Maoist killed, two held in Jharkhand - Sep 17, 2010
- Maoist commander killed in Jharkhand (Lead) - Aug 01, 2010
- Maoists kill groom, four more (Lead) - May 15, 2011
- Maoists kill three of rival group - Jun 06, 2011
- Five Maoists arrested in Jharkhand - Sep 04, 2010
- Maoist carrying reward of Rs.2 lakh arrested - Aug 25, 2010
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Sep 26, 2010
- Five Maoist rebels arrested in Jharkhand - Sep 29, 2009
- Three Maoists arrested in Jharkhand - May 17, 2011
- Maoist rivalry kills four in Jharkhand - May 16, 2011
- Four Maoists arrested in Jharkhand - Jul 01, 2010
- Maoists kill father, son in Jharkhand - Sep 06, 2010