Nine killed in Uttar Pradesh road accidentApril 19th, 2011 - 12:01 am ICT by IANS
Muzaffarnagar (Uttar Pradesh), April 18 (IANS) At least nine people were killed and 18 injured when their bus was hit by a speeding truck here Monday, police said.
The accident took place in Kairana town, when the truck spun out of control after a tyre burst and ploughed into the private bus, killing six people on the spot.
“As of now, nine casualties have been reported. Of the 18 injured, the condition of eight people is stated to be serious,” Senior Superintendent of Police Pravin Kumar told reporters in Muzaffarnagar, some 350 km from Lucknow.
According to police, those inside the bus were from different places in Muzaffarnagar, and were going to Saharanpur.
The driver of the truck, who managed to escape after the accident, is still absconding.
- Two students killed as truck rams into school bus - Jan 28, 2011
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Aug 17, 2010
- Seven killed as truck rams into jeep in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 18, 2010
- 14 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Jul 20, 2012
- Six Kumbh pilgrims killed in accident - Mar 29, 2010
- Nine killed in bus-truck collision in Assam - Jun 13, 2010
- Six killed as bus rams into truck - Sep 13, 2010
- One killed, 21 students injured in accident - Oct 03, 2011
- Seven passengers killed as bus falls into pit - Apr 06, 2011
- 20 sleeping pilgrims killed by truck in Gujarat (Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Seven killed in UP bus-car smash - Jul 09, 2012
- Three cops killed as truck rams into police station - Jun 16, 2012
- Five die in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 30, 2011
- Returning from marriage, eight of family killed in accident - May 12, 2011
- Truck crashes into passenger bus in southern Vietnam, killing 10 - Nov 07, 2011