Nine killed in Uttar Pradesh accidentJune 19th, 2010 - 11:59 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 19 (IANS) Nine people were killed and 20 injured early Saturday when a tractor trolley carrying over 40 people returning from pre-marriage function was hit by a speeding mini-truck in Uttar Pradesh’s Mainpuri district, police said.
The accident took place along the Etawah-Ferozabad highway in Karhal area on the outskirts of Mainpuri, about 300 km from here.
“While seven people died on the spot, two breathed their last while being treated in a hospital. All injured are undergoing medical treatment. The condition of five is stated to be critical,” police inspector Tilakpal Singh told reporters.
“According to eyewitnesses, the mini-truck spun out of control and rammed into the tractor-trolley. At the time of accident, there were over 40 people in the tractor trolley,” he said.
According to police, the people in the tractor-trolley were returning to their village in Erawah after participating in a ’tilak’ ceremony at Jafarpur village in Firozabad district.
- Agra road accident claims two lives - Apr 27, 2012
- Six killed in UP road accident - Aug 27, 2012
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011
- 10 killed in Gurgaon road accident (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- Five killed in accident, driver commits suicide - May 20, 2010
- 14 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Jul 20, 2012
- Two killed, seven injured in Agra truck crash - May 11, 2012
- Eight women electrocuted in Haryana - Aug 28, 2010
- One killed as school bus collides with mini-truck - Feb 05, 2012
- Pilgrim killed in Gurgaon - Jul 17, 2012
- Eight devotees killed in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 15, 2010
- One killed, 15 injured in tractor-train collision - Nov 12, 2009
- Twin blasts kill 14 in Afghanistan - Jul 08, 2012
- Five killed in train-tractor trolley mishap - May 27, 2011
- Three killed in Haryana school bus accident - Feb 22, 2011