Nine killed in Orissa road accidentJune 9th, 2009 - 3:24 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, June 9 (IANS) At least nine people were killed and several others injured when a truck rammed into a passenger-loaded trekker wagon in Orissa’s Mayurbhanj district Tuesday, police said.
The accident took place near Baripada town in Mayurbhanj, 270 km from here, at around 11.45 a.m.
“The driver of the truck lost control after one of the tyres of the truck burst. The speeding truck then collided with the trekker coming from the opposite direction,” police Inspector Tarun Das said.
Das said nine people, including two women, died on the spot.
- 10 die in Orissa road accident (Lead) - Jun 09, 2009
- Two die in Yamuna Expressway accident - Aug 31, 2012
- Seven killed in Rajasthan road accident - May 06, 2012
- Seven killed in collision - Mar 28, 2011
- Ten killed in jeep-truck collision in Orissa - Jun 09, 2009
- Eight killed in West Bengal road mishap - Sep 05, 2010
- Nine killed in bus-truck collision in Assam - Jun 13, 2010
- 3 killed in Haryana as car crashes into truck in fog - Jan 11, 2011
- Eight killed in road mishap in Orissa - Mar 26, 2010
- 10 killed in Orissa road accident - Nov 03, 2011
- Six killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Aug 30, 2010
- Orissa road accident toll rises to 10 (Lead) - Mar 26, 2010
- Seven killed as truck rams into jeep in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 18, 2010
- Five bus passengers injured in Noida accident - Oct 25, 2010
- Nine killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Apr 19, 2011