Nine killed in Nepal jeep accidentFebruary 15th, 2008 - 3:19 pm ICT by admin
Kathmandu, Feb 15 (DPA) At least nine people were killed and dozens injured Friday when an overcrowded jeep plunged off a mountain highway in western Nepal. The jeep plummeted off the narrow mountain road in Gulmi district, about 300 km west of Kathmandu, the police said.
At least 30 people were injured and many were in serious condition.
Most of the passengers were believed to be Maoist activists on their way to district headquarters of Tamghas from a remote village of Kharjyang.
The police said they suspected overcrowding could have led to the driver losing control of the vehicle.
Reports said the jeep was carrying four times its limit of 12 passengers.
- 15 Indians killed as jeep falls into Nepal river (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- 15 Indians killed in Nepal accident (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- 42 killed in Nepal bus accident - Oct 13, 2011
- Nine dead in Nepal road accident - May 06, 2012
- Eight Indians die in Nepal accident - Jul 28, 2012
- Five killed in Nepal road accident - Apr 07, 2012
- 36 Indian pilgrims die in Nepal bus crash (Second Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Nearly 200 dead in Nepal accidents this year - Jul 15, 2012
- Search for survivors as 16 die in Nepal bus accident (Lead) - Nov 08, 2009
- 35 pilgrims killed in Nepal bus accident (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- 35 killed in bus accident in Nepal - Jul 15, 2012
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- 18 killed in Nepal bus accident - Mar 18, 2010
- 11 killed, dozens missing as bus falls into Nepal river - Sep 10, 2009
- 18 die as coach plunges into gorge in China - Mar 11, 2011