Nine killed in Himachal accidentJune 6th, 2009 - 7:49 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 6 (IANS) Nine people who were going to attend a funeral were killed Saturday when the vehicle they were travelling in rolled down a deep gorge in Himachal Pradesh’s Mandi district, police said.
The deceased were travelling in a maxi cab when the vehicle fell into a 120-metre gorge near Naga Nal village in Gohar subdivision of Mandi in the morning, Superintendent of Police S.M. Agnihotri told IANS.
The victims, apparently members of the same family, belonged to Kotkhai in Shimla district and “were going to attend a cremation (of their kin) when the accident occurred”, Agnihotri said.
One person suffered injuries in the accident.
- Six killed in Himachal accident - Jun 16, 2010
- Six pilgrims killed in Himachal accident (Lead) - Jun 16, 2010
- Five killed in Himachal accident - Aug 20, 2010
- Six Delhi residents killed in Himachal accident - Jun 04, 2011
- Six die as car falls into gorge in Himachal - Apr 27, 2012
- 12 killed in Himachal as bus rolls down into gorge - Aug 19, 2010
- Toll in Himachal accident rises to 40 - Aug 19, 2010
- Seven people killed in Himachal accidents - May 09, 2012
- 37 killed as truck falls into Himachal gorge (Night Lead) - Aug 19, 2010
- Truck falls into Himachal gorge, 34 killed (Lead) - Aug 18, 2010
- Five killed as vehicle falls into gorge - Jun 19, 2010
- Three killed as bus falls into gorge in Himachal - Feb 05, 2010
- Himachal Congress chief injured in accident - Dec 06, 2011
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Fourth Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- 34 killed in Himachal bus accident (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012