Nine killed, 28 injured as bus overturns in EgyptMay 1st, 2008 - 10:08 pm ICT by admin
Cairo, May 1 (DPA) At least nine people were killed and 28 injured Thursday when a bus carrying tourists in Egypt’s Sinai peninsula overturned and caught fire while on its way to Cairo, the police said. The bus was carrying tourists from Canada, Britain, Ukraine and Russia from the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh to Cairo when it overturned near Hamam Pharaon, about 40 km from the port of Abu Zenima, according to the state new agency MENA.
Critically wounded passengers were taken to the Sharm el-Sheikh hospital while the ones with minor injuries were taken to a hospital in the nearby town of Tor.
Investigation into the cause of the accident is under way.
- Egypt's resorts safe for tourists - Feb 08, 2011
- French tourist killed in Egypt - Jan 29, 2012
- Mubarak still in Egypt, says PM - Feb 14, 2011
- Is Mubarak still in Sharm el-Sheikh? - Apr 17, 2011
- Mubarak, two sons detained for 15 days (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Hosni Mubarak to be moved to prison hospital - Apr 25, 2011
- South Korean tourists abducted in Egypt - Feb 11, 2012
- Mubarak's wife detained in corruption probe - May 14, 2011
- Mubarak declines food, becomes 'extremely weak' - Jul 27, 2011
- 11 Hungarians dead in Egypt accident - Nov 07, 2011
- Egyptian youth to form new political party - Mar 07, 2011
- Mubarak has second heart attack after being detained (Second Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Mubarak to be transferred to Cairo for trial - Aug 03, 2011
- Mubarak trial venue changed due to security concerns - Jul 31, 2011
- Mubarak's wife in ICU after heart attack (Lead, changing dateline) - May 14, 2011