Nine immigrants killed in Arizona crashAugust 8th, 2008 - 3:44 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 8 (DPA) Nine people were killed Thursday when a van packed with as many as 18 people overturned on a quiet desert road in Arizona, the police said. The incident occurred close to the town of Florence just outside Phoenix and the occupants were believed to have been undocumented immigrants, according to the state’s Department of Public Safety.
Nine survivors were rushed to area hospitals. Television pictures showed a crumpled white vehicle next to a desert road that was lined with a row of body bags.
The Arizona Daily Star reported that officials from the Mexican consulate were on the scene, but had so far declined to confirm that the victims were undocumented immigrants.
- 9/11 changed life along US-Mexico border - Sep 11, 2011
- 40 migrants detained in raids on US restaurant chain - Apr 21, 2011
- US had 11.5 mn undocumented immigrants in 2011 - Mar 26, 2012
- US city struck by huge dust storm - Jul 06, 2011
- Six feared dead after small plane crashes into the Arizona mountains - Nov 24, 2011
- US busts drug ring - Nov 01, 2011
- Pigs cause chaos on China Highway - Dec 10, 2011
- Mexican singer criticises anti-immigrant laws in US - Oct 12, 2011
- Seven killed in Himachal accidents - Feb 09, 2012
- 49 dismembered bodies found in Mexico - May 14, 2012
- At least 21 killed in Zimbabwe bus accident - Apr 17, 2012
- South Asians fear racial profiling over US court ruling - Jun 26, 2012
- Aeromexico may suspend its last connecting flight to Phoenix, Arizona - May 06, 2010
- 219 migrants rescued from truck in Mexico - Jan 28, 2011
- Arizona sheriff gifts Sarah Palin a pair of pink underwear! - Oct 26, 2010