Nine die as boat capsizes in Uttar Pradesh (Lead)May 28th, 2011 - 5:08 pm ICT by IANS
Jhansi (Uttar Pradesh), May 28 (IANS) Nine people, including a woman and eight minors, died after the boat ferrying them capsized in a river here Saturday, police said.
The accident occurred in Betwa river in Poonchh town.
“While six people died on the spot, three succumbed on their way to hospital,” Deputy Superintendent of Police O.P. Singh told IANS.
“Those died include a woman, six girls and two boys - all aged between 4-15 years. All of them are local people. The rescue operations are over. No one is missing now,” he added.
According to police, they were going to offer a “chaadar” at a mazar in Datiya Indergarh village when the accident took place.
- Six dead as boat capsizes in Uttar Pradesh - May 28, 2011
- Six killed, 20 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar - Sep 10, 2012
- Five killed, 10 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Four killed, 10 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar - Aug 10, 2012
- Boat capsizes in West Bengal, two missing - Jan 19, 2011
- Six women dead in boat capsize - Mar 04, 2011
- Tourists rescued from capsized boat in Dal Lake - May 12, 2011
- Eleven killed, over 25 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- One dead, three missing after tour boat capsizes in central Japan - Aug 17, 2011
- Several feared dead in Assam ferry capsize - Apr 30, 2012
- Bihar boat capsize toll rises to 21 - Sep 11, 2012
- PM expresses grief over Assam ferry tragedy - Apr 30, 2012
- Four women die as boat capsizes in Assam - Apr 24, 2012
- 150 missing, toll could rise in Assam boat accident - May 01, 2012
- 27 bodies found after Tanzania ferry capsizes - Jul 19, 2012