Nine bodies found on Mexican highwayAugust 21st, 2011 - 11:30 am ICT by IANS
Mexico City, Aug 21 (IANS/EFE) The bodies of nine people with gunshot wounds were found Saturday on a highway in the western Mexican state of Nayarit, officials said.
The corpses were found on the Tepic-Aguamilpa highway near the small town of Mora, the state Public Safety Secretariat said.
The Nayarit press, which published photos of the corpses, said the victims were found with their hands tied and eyes bandaged and with multiple gunshot wounds.
That Pacific coast state was the scene of a massive gun battle in May between members of the Sinaloa and Los Zetas drug gangs that left 29 dead.
Elsewhere, five bodies, three of them decapitated and another two dismembered, were found in the Mexican Pacific resort city of Acapulco, which has been wracked by a wave of drug-related violence in recent months.
The bodies of four men and a woman were discovered by Guerrero state authorities in two points of the city, one of the most popular destinations for domestic tourists.
The decapitated bodies of two men and a woman were found Friday night inside an abandoned SUV on one of Acapulco’s main thoroughfares, the state Public Safety Secretariat said Saturday in a statement.
Police later found the dismembered bodies of two men early Saturday near the entrance to a shopping center.
The victims have not been identified and authorities said the deaths may be related to a gangland settling of scores.
- Eight slain at birthday party in Mexico - Apr 28, 2011
- Nine bodies found in Mexico - Jan 14, 2011
- 24 killed in Mexico violence - Jan 09, 2011
- Five women decapitated in Mexican city - Apr 25, 2011
- Four bodies dumped on side of Mexican highway - Mar 12, 2012
- Two dismembered bodies found outside Mexican bar - Dec 28, 2010
- Mexico nabs man for involvement in 35 killings - Feb 02, 2011
- Four bullet-riddled bodies found in Mexico - Aug 09, 2010
- Five dismembered bodies found in Mexico - Sep 22, 2010
- 18 bodies found at mass grave in Mexico - Nov 07, 2010
- 5 mutilated bodies found on Mexican highway - Feb 08, 2011
- Seven beheaded in Mexican town - Jul 13, 2012
- 170 Mexican kids sick after having food at school - May 01, 2012
- Beheaded bodies found in Mexico - Dec 25, 2011
- 14 dismembered bodies found in Mexico - Jun 09, 2012
Tags: corpses, decapitated bodies, domestic tourists, drug gangs, four men, gangland, gun battle, gunshot wounds, los zetas, massive gun, mexico city, multiple gunshot, pacific coast, pacific coast state, public safety, secretariat, shopping center, sinaloa, state authorities, thoroughfares