Nine arrested for forging documents for police jobsApril 18th, 2008 - 11:45 pm ICT by admin
Hyderabad, April 18 (IANS) The Cyberabad police arrested nine people here Friday for submitting forged documents to get jobs in the police department. They had submitted fake certificates to authorities during the process to recruit police constables in the Cyberabad Police Commissionarate, which started April 15 at the Amberpet headquarters.
“Some candidates submitted photocopies of their certificates with forged signatures of gazetted officers,” said Surya Prakash Rao, Cyberabad’s deputy commissioner of police (Crimes).
Police officials found from the accused a fabricated stamp of the principal of a city college. The certificates were found forged and fabricates.
The arrested include a seal maker. The Amberpet police registered a case against the nine people and remanded them to judicial custody.
Meanwhile, the Hyderabad police seized more than 200 mobile phones from two gangs. The Commissioner’s Task Force, West Zone, arrested 12 members of the two gangs and seized 202 cell phones, Rs.25,000 cash, four kilogram of ganja and two auto rickshaws.
- Andhra legislator son held for taking drugs - Jul 06, 2012
- Fake degree racket busted, two held - Jun 24, 2011
- Three held for fake caste certificate racket - Jun 25, 2011
- Woman arrested for drugs smuggling - Nov 02, 2010
- MCD employee arrested for forgery - May 30, 2012
- Hyderabad cops allay fears of northeast people, set up helpline - Aug 17, 2012
- Security further tightened in Hyderabad - May 26, 2012
- Ex-official held for fraud - Jan 07, 2012
- Railway job racket busted, 5 arrested - Apr 27, 2012
- Three held for forgery - May 23, 2011
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested (Second Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Man held for cheating on pretext of erecting phone towers - Apr 10, 2011
- Cannabis seized in Assam - May 14, 2012
- Two held with 104 kg of drug - Apr 19, 2011
- Jagan case: Reporter, cop booked for revealing mobile call data - Jun 26, 2012