NIIT Technologies profit dips 52 percentJanuary 14th, 2009 - 9:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 14 (IANS) IT solutions provider NIIT Technologies Wednesday said its net profit dipped 52 percent to Rs.16.8 crore (Rs.168 million/$3.36 million) for the third quarter ending Dec 31 from Rs.34.7 crore (Rs.347 million/$6.94 million) in the same period last year. However, the company’s revenues rose six percent to Rs.248.5 crore (Rs.2.49 billion/$480 million) for the quarter, as compared to Rs.233.8 crore (Rs.2.3 billion/$460 million) in the same period last year, a company statement said.
NIIT’s operating profit remained flat at Rs.44.4 crore (Rs.444 million/$88.8 million).
Operating revenue dipped by Rs.18.9 crore (Rs.189 million/$3.78 million) during the quarter due to the weakening of the rupee against the dollar, it said.
“With major economies moving into recession, our immediate focus has been to secure future business with our top clients. This resulted in a record order intake of $148 million including consolidation and contract extensions of up to five years from major customers,” said Arvind Thakur, NIIT chief executive and joint managing director.
“The operating margin improved by 25 basis points over the previous quarter. However, the adverse impact of volatility in currencies, mainly pound led to exchange loss of Rs.139 million, resulting in reduced net profit,” company chairman Rajendra S. Pawar said.
- Indian Oil Corporation's Q3 net profit up 52.2 percent - Feb 13, 2012
- Reliance Infrastructure reports decline in Q1 profits - Aug 14, 2012
- Infosys beats guidance but stock dips on muted earnings - Jul 12, 2011
- ONGC's third quarter net profit down five percent - Feb 08, 2012
- Usha Martin Q1 net profit down 86.5 percent - Jul 31, 2012
- Idea Cellular quarterly net profit declines 12 percent - Jul 29, 2011
- Reliance Communications quarterly revenue rises at Rs.5,052 crore - Feb 10, 2012
- Bharti Airtel's quarterly net profit declines 22.4 percent (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Britannia's net profit rises 27.3 percent - Aug 06, 2011
- ITC Ltd quarterly net profit increases 24.5 percent - Jul 28, 2011
- HDFC quarterly net profit rises 10 percent - Jan 12, 2012
- Wipro's IT outlook remains flat on marginal growth (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- NALCO's Q3 net profit down 80 percent - Feb 07, 2012
- L&T; quarterly net profit rises 12 percent - Aug 08, 2011
- Kingfisher Airlines third quarter loss at Rs.444 crore - Feb 16, 2012