Night vision device, landmines seized from Maoist hideoutsSeptember 15th, 2010 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Sep 15 (IANS) Raids on Maoist hideouts have led to recovery of a night vision device looted from paramilitary personnel two years ago, three landmines, bullets and other incriminating material in Jharkhand’s Khunti district, police said Wednesday.
According to police, a search was launched Tuesday in forested areas of Ranchi and Khunti districts which concluded Wednesday.
Police recovered a night vision device which was looted from Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) nearly two years ago. The device costs more than Rs.22 lakh and one can see up to three km in the night using it.
Besides the night vision device, police seized three landmines planted on the road, around 400 metres of wires, one bulletproof jacket, live cartridges, medicines and other incriminating materials from Maoist hideouts situated at Sajamdih jungle of Khunti district, around 45 km from Ranchi.
In the last two months, Jharkhand police have recovered more than 15 landmines in Ranchi and Khunti districts.
- Arms, gadgets stolen by Maoists recovered in Jharkhand - Sep 16, 2010
- Seven Maoists arrested, landmine recovered - Mar 03, 2012
- CRPF trooper hurt, eight landmines found in Jharkhand - Aug 03, 2012
- One Maoist killed, two held in Jharkhand - Nov 23, 2010
- Landmines, detonators recovered from Maoist hideout - Oct 05, 2010
- Two Maoists arrested in Jharkhand - Jan 17, 2011
- Three landmines recovered in Jharkhand - Mar 17, 2011
- Landmine recovered, truck torched in Jharkhand - Jun 03, 2011
- 40 kg bomb, four landmines recovered in Jharkhand - Jan 27, 2011
- 40 landmines recovered in Jharkhand - Feb 01, 2012
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Jharkhand - Sep 27, 2011
- Five landmines recovered in Jharkhand - Dec 16, 2011
- 17 landmines recovered in Jharkhand - Aug 09, 2011
- Attack meant to reassert Maoist presence in Jharkhand: police - May 04, 2011
- Two CRPF men killed, 5 injured in Maoist ambush - Jul 23, 2012