Night temperatures rise marginally in Kashmir, LadakhJanuary 3rd, 2012 - 4:11 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Jan 3 (IANS) The cold wave conditions in the Kashmir Valley and the Ladakh region eased somewhat Tuesday due to partial cloudy conditions though the night temperatures remained well below the freezing point.
“The minimum temperature was minus 2.5 degrees in Srinagar. It was minus 4.4 at Pahalgam and minus 8 degrees in Gulmarg,” a weather official here told IANS. Pahalgam is a famous hill station in south Kashmir, and Gulmarg a world class ski resort in north Kashmir.
The temperatures Monday were minus 3.6 degrees in Srinagar, minus 3 degrees at Pahalgam and minus 7.6 degrees at Gulmarg.
“Leh town in Ladakh region was the coldest today (Tuesday) at minus 14.6.” he said. The town recorded minus 17.2 degrees Monday.
Local weather office director Sonam Lotus told IANS: “A western disturbance is approaching the valley and it will start intensifying from tomorrow (Wednesday) evening. There will be light rains in the plains and moderate snowfall in the mountains.”
“The snowfall could be heavy in the Pir Panchal mountain range,” he added.
“The wet weather conditions will continue with intermittent periods of dry weather till Jan 7. This will result in improvement of the minimum temperatures, which have remained much below the freezing point for over a fortnight now,” the weather man said.
- Snowy day forecast in Kashmir Valley, mountains - Dec 19, 2011
- Kashmir shivers in freezing temperatures - Nov 26, 2011
- Srinagar freezes for 6th day, record broken - Jan 13, 2012
- Kashmir cold wave continues - Dec 03, 2011
- Srinagar sees coldest night in 16 years, more snow expected (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Kashmir freezing, Leh at minus 16 - Dec 28, 2011
- Mercury rises but Kashmir still freezing - Dec 29, 2011
- Srinagar's night temperature rises above freezing point - Feb 03, 2012
- Rains, snow break long dry spell in Kashmir - Dec 07, 2011
- Valley, Ladakh in for another cold wave spell - Dec 21, 2011
- Fresh snow brings relief in Kashmir - Dec 20, 2011
- Kashmir freezing, Leh at minus 16.6 - Dec 30, 2011
- Cold wave intensifies in Kashmir and Ladakh - Jan 21, 2012
- Srinagar has coldest night in 16 years - Jan 14, 2012
- Dal Lake freezes in sub-zero Kashmir - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: cloudy conditions, cold wave, dry weather, gulmarg, intermittent periods, kashmir valley, ladakh region, light rains, local weather, minimum temperatures, night temperatures, pahalgam, panchal, south kashmir, wave conditions, weather man, weather office, wet weather conditions, world class ski, world class ski resort