Nigerian, Mizo woman arrested with Rs.3 mn-worth drugsJanuary 28th, 2011 - 8:20 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Jan 28 (IANS) A Nigerian man and a Mizo woman were arrested Friday with drugs worth over Rs.3 million in an anti-narcotics raid at a Goa resort, police said. A police spokesperson said that Felix Ohiman Evborokhai was arrested with 3.340 kg charas which, according to the police is worth Rs.3.34 lakh in the international market.
A native of Mizoram, Lallin Sangha, who claimed to be Felix’s wife, was also arrested by the police in the same raid at the village of Arpora, 10 km from here.
“We found her with 450 gm of heroin, whose estimated worth is Rs.27 lakh and 6.7 gm of LSD drops valued at Rs.1.20 lakh,” police sub-inspector Tushar Lotlikar told reporters here, hours after the raid Friday.
Lotlikar said they had specific information that the duo were looking for a buyer for the narcotics consignment.
Both Felix and Lallin have been booked under relevant sections of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
- Australian held for peddling drugs - Jan 01, 2011
- US national arrested with drugs in Goa - Aug 03, 2011
- Goa Police 'ashamed' of planting drugs on Israeli - Aug 15, 2012
- Cop held in Goa drug nexus case - Oct 07, 2011
- Punjab drug scene hits a new 'high' - Nov 22, 2010
- Goa police nab drug peddler; seize more gold than drugs - Jan 13, 2010
- Goa Police to analyse seized drugs - Mar 09, 2010
- Goa police probing arrested Israeli drug dealer's firm - Feb 23, 2010
- Drug peddler held in capital - Jan 13, 2011
- 20 booked on drug charges in Goa over three months - Jul 20, 2012
- Israeli held in Goa with assortment of drugs - Feb 22, 2010
- Mumbai rave party organiser remanded to police custody (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Israeli drug dealer Dudu released on bail - Feb 03, 2011
- Drug seizure: Himachal court cancels Israeli's bail - Sep 07, 2012
- Goa police hunt for Israeli drug dealer's Kazakh girlfriend - Feb 25, 2010