Nigerian held with cocaine worth Rs.1.75 croreJanuary 1st, 2012 - 8:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 1 (IANS) A 32-year-old Nigerian was arrested from west Delhi with cocaine estimated to be worth Rs.1.75 crore, police said Sunday.
Paul Chinedu Ugwor alias Emma, who lives in Uttam Nagar, was arrested Saturday from Shivaji Marg in Janakpuri.
“He was arrested for procuring 175 gms of cocaine, which was to be delivered to one of his contacts, worth Rs.1.75 crore in the international market,” said Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime) P.S. Kushwah.
Ugwor told police that he came to Mumbai in 2008 on a multiple-entry visa. “He started exporting textiles from India to Nigeria. In Mumbai, he came in contact with a fellow Nigerian Dabel Chukwu involved in supplying of cocaine in pubs and bars in Mumbai. As Ugwor was not doing well in his business, he started supplying cocaine with Chukwu,” said Kushwah.
According to Kushwah, Ugwor used to come to Delhi by train, with cocaine concealed in luggage, for supplying it to his contacts. He shifted to Delhi in 2010 and started living in west Delhi.
- Two arrested for peddling cocaine - Aug 28, 2012
- Nigerian arrested with Rs.2.5 crore of cocaine - Mar 02, 2012
- Nigerian held with drugs - Jun 01, 2011
- Drugs seized, five arrested - Aug 08, 2011
- Nigerian arrested with cocaine in Delhi - May 18, 2012
- Two Nigerians held in Hyderabad for supplying drugs - Oct 23, 2011
- Two foreigners held for drug trafficking - Oct 13, 2011
- Nigerian held with Rs.40 lakh cocaine - May 03, 2011
- Engineer held for drug trafficking in Delhi - Jun 21, 2012
- Nigerian drug peddler arrested - Mar 30, 2012
- Woman held for duping people of Rs.3.5 crore - May 23, 2011
- Nigerian drug peddler held in Delhi (Lead) - Jan 11, 2011
- Two Nigerians among three held for drug trafficking - Mar 10, 2011
- Two Nigerians held for money exchange agent's murder - Sep 06, 2011
- Nigerian arrested with cocaine - Feb 25, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,