Nigerian held for drug peddlingFebruary 2nd, 2011 - 11:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 2 (IANS) Delhi police have arrested a 45-year-old Nigerian from north Delhi for drug peddling in the capital and recovered 100 grams of banned drugs worth Rs.2 lakh from him, police said Wednesday.According to the police, Lekan Akins was held from Nagia Park in Vikaspuri area following a tip-off.
Akins, a mechanical engineer, has told the police that he had come to India about 10 years ago on a student visa and began peddling drugs along with his Nigerian associates to earn quick money, said an official.
“He was carrying the drugs to supply to a customer in west Delhi when he was arrested. He also said the drugs were given to him by one Tyson who used to meet him in Vikaspuri,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Surender Singh Yadav said.
Police are now on the trail of Tyson and his other associates.
Akins, a resident of Agege in Nigeria, was staying near Vikaspuri.
- Nigerian arrested with Rs.2.5 crore of cocaine - Mar 02, 2012
- Nigerian arrested for drug peddling in Delhi - Jan 11, 2011
- Two arrested for peddling cocaine - Aug 28, 2012
- Two Nigerians held for running drug racket - Mar 30, 2011
- South African, woman arrested for drug peddling - Jan 08, 2012
- Nigerian arrested with cocaine - Feb 25, 2011
- Two Nigerians held for smuggling drugs - Dec 02, 2010
- Nigerian held with cocaine in Delhi - Mar 12, 2012
- Nigerian drug peddler held in Delhi (Lead) - Jan 11, 2011
- Two Nigerians held for money exchange agent's murder - Sep 06, 2011
- Nigerian held with six kg heroin - Apr 09, 2011
- Two Nigerians held in Hyderabad for supplying drugs - Oct 23, 2011
- Nigerian arrested with cocaine in Delhi - May 18, 2012
- Nigerian held with Rs.40 lakh cocaine - May 03, 2011
- Drugs seized, five arrested - Aug 08, 2011
Tags: 10 years, agege, commissioner of police, delhi police, deputy commissioner, drugs, feb 2, India, lakh, mechanical engineer, New Delhi, nigeria, north delhi, quick money, student visa, surender, tyson, west delhi, yadav